It’s time to get to know King Bison! We asked frontman Karl Glover 10 questions about his musical likes, tastes and guilty pleasures!
1. How would you describe your taste in music?
My taste in music is very varied. Obviously, rock and metal is my favourite but I am always taken back by a good vocalist or anything that makes you feel good. I am currently listening to the Offspring Smash album but yesterday I was blasting out Future Islands so I really am in to huge variation.
2. Who do you consider to be your favourite band and why?
Guns N Roses. First band that had a lasting impact on me.
3. Who is the best live band you’ve ever seen?
Slipknot. Every time.
What is the one song that you could listen to forever?
“Rocket Queen” by Guns N Roses
5. What album, if any, was a turning point in your ‘musical life’ and why?
Pantera, “Vulgar Display Of Power“. I was given a cassette in school of this album and it was my first real experience of full on heavy metal and I was blown away instantly. Still sounds as good today as it did back then and you certainly would never guess it was 25 years old! It wasn’t just a turning point for my life but a turning point for heavy metal in general.
6. In 3 words, what makes a good album or song?
Catchy, effortless & consistency
7. A festival or a gig? Why?
Festival, if you can stay sober enough. I like the whole vibe of a festival and although nothing is cheap these days it works out far better value than going to a couple of big concerts. You usually discover a new band or 2 as well which is always good.
8. Who would be your dream 3 festival headliners?
Guns N Roses, Pantera and Slipknot
9. Who are the best new band you’ve discovered lately that everyone should know about?
Monster Truck. Stumbled across these only a year or so ago and they are currently my go to band. Both their albums are absolute gems.
10. What band or artist is your secret, or not so secret, guilty pleasure?
I like what I like because I like it. No guilt here.